Monday, July 14, 2014

London Here We Come

Hopefully soon we will be on our way to London.

I really cannot wait to begin this journey with my family. It's all incredibly exciting and one rather huge blessing.

This journey to London really began for me 7 plus years ago. I was enjoying life as an Officer in the USA when I was told my religious visa was about to expire and that I would need to leave the country within 6months.

I was told I could basically choose three different countries to go to for a year and at that time I chose Australia Eastern Territory, India and Australian Southern Territory. Then my parents were moved to IHQ in the UK and I asked if I could be sent there instead so I could spend time with them.

The Lord was incredibly amazing and that is where I was sent.

I was in LoVE the moment I left the airport. I loved the countryside, I loved the houses, I loved the food, I loved the people. I loved it all.

I felt like I was home in many ways. Having grown up in Australia, so many things were familiar to me. The language and the words used, the food, the sports, the tv programs, the music.

I loved the multicultural feel about it and I really felt very connected to this country, very quickly I might add.

I got engaged in London and spent time with Ashish's family in London. I know Ashish fell in love with the place too. I knew that one day we would come back as a married couple. I did not know how or when, but it was my desire for sure.

Fast forward to three years ago and we began to pray about serving overseas and we talked and prayed about a lot of countries and the one we kept coming back to was the UK.
We both felt connected to the multicultural feel of this country and just felt it was a place where God could use us. He could use, not because we had anything to offer that was super special, but maybe just because we were willing.

So we requested a few times and were told not now. It was pretty heartbreaking at the time, but God always knows.

Finally though they said yes and here we are... Just a few weeks away from living in London.

I am excited about so many things,

1) being near Ashish's mom and dad for a few months and having family near us. This has not happened in 13 plus years.
2) the food... Oh my goodness Roast dinners and all the yummy food I grew up on.
3) the sports... Rugby, cricket, netball just to name a few.
4) feeling like I am home... Everything is familiar to me... Similar to growing up in Australia. There is a sense of belonging I feel when I am there.
5) the ministry... I don't know what I will be doing at all, but I feel like it's going to be something awesome and something I will love
6) the people, all from different walks of life and countries... It's going to be amazing .
7) the birth place of the Salvation Army. Something awesome about that.
8) my girls being exposed to new and different experiences.

So yep, I am excited!!! Bring it on Lord, bring it on!!

Tomorrow I will share what I am going to miss about my HOME here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)