Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's not a vacation

Our move to London is not about being on one giant vacation. Sure we want to be tourists every now and then, enjoying all that London, the UK and the Continent has to offer.

Our overall desire is not to take a long vacation. Our desire is to be involved in ministry and to build relationships with our neighbors and our fellow Officers and soldiers in the Central London Division. Our desire is to join God on what he is already doing in that place and to to learn from those that are already in the trenches.

I have been on vacation now for 4 weeks and I am bored. I am enjoying myself and being with my family, but I ready to dream and create and build and learn. I am ready to get stuck into whatever God has for us.

I am a little anxious about what ministry will look like for us there. We won't be Corps Officers and truthfully we don't know what we will be doing, so I am interested to see what it looks like and how it works for our family. But I am excited. I know The Lord knows our hearts and our desires.

So although you will see plenty of pics of red buses and Big Ben and London Tower and hear stories of our tourist adventures ... Hopefully you will also see many pics and read many stories of ministry taking place and relationships being built.

One thing I surely know is that we are not bringing God with us, he is already there and he is just awesome enough to let us join him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)