Monday, July 14, 2014

Home

There is no doubt about it, the USA and especially the Southern Territory are home to me.
From the moment I arrived in the USA from NZ, this place and these amazing people have embraced me.
I have not always felt like I fit in here, but I have never doubted that this was home.

This place has my heart for so many reasons and has been the only place I felt I needed to come back to time and time again. I have always felt safe here, I have felt loved here, I have felt accepted and I have felt like this was my solid base especially when my family was all over the world.

There are so many things I will miss;
1) family... I don't have blood family here, but I have family. People who have taken us in, loved us, prayed for us, encouraged us, looked after us when we were sick. People who have fed us, disciplined us and challenged us. People who have married us, been there for the birth of our children, walked me down the aisle. People who are my daughter's God parents and babysitters and teachers. We have family here for sure and we will miss them all so so so much.
2) friends... We have made some amazing and life changing and life impacting friends here. Friends who I know will be our friends for years and years to come. Friends we laugh with, cry with, pray with, play with! Friends who embrace and support us without judgement. Friends who have truly changed our lives. They will be soooo missed.
3) I will miss the Southern Territory Salvation Army. This Territory has accepted me, shown me grace, given me opportunities, supported me, taught me, loved me and given me outstanding role models. I will miss Territorial events and the way they celebrate and worship. I will miss the way they lavish love on people. This territory has taught me well and I am more than proud to be a southern territory officer.
4) I will miss being known... This is not a pride thing...but I mean I will miss people truly knowing me and my heart and my passions. People who get me and who have journeyed with me.
5) I will miss Target... I love Target so much... For real.. It such a beautiful place, full of color and so many things I don't need haha
6) I will miss my washer and dryer... True fact!! It's not the same!!

So many things I will miss as this place, this country, these people are in my heart!!

So grateful for everything I have experienced here and will experience here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)