Monday, June 22, 2015

God Gifts

So life has not always been super easy since we arrived here and there have been some days when I have wanted to go home, but in the midst of those hard days God gives us little gifts of awesomeness.


Here is a list of some of our best God gifts:


1) Musicals:
 I am a huge musical fan and I in musical heaven here in London. I have been able to see Miss Saigon, Les Mis, Bollywood Dreams (or something like that) and then this past Saturday I woke up super early and waited in line with many many others to spend a whole day listening to the best musicals and shows the West end has to offer. It was pure deliciousness. I heard and saw everything from Wicked, Les Mis, Mama Mia, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Phantom, Memphis. Oh my goodness it was just a great day. 20, 000 people surrounded me as I sat on the Water fountain in Trafalgar Square and everyone was just so happy and in good moods singing at the top of their voices.  A GREAT day.


Image result for west end live 2015


2) Parks :
Instead of spending family time walking around malls, we spend our time in the many parks that surround London. I love it, Ashish loves it and my girls love it. There are simple little parks with a few swings and a slide or big parks with pirate ships or even bigger parks with lakes and ducks and boats. There is nothing more fun that enjoying the long  daylight hours during summer running around these beautiful parks surrounded by the history of this city.


Image result for princess diana playground


3) Sightseeing: At least twice a month we try as a family to get out and be tourists and wander the city and visit places we have not seen before. We have been to Kensington Palace, Hampton Court Palace, Tower of Lonon and the Zoo just to name a few. One of our favourite places to go is to Southbank and walk past the London eye and the Thames River and over bridges and past Big Ben.
I never get bored of sitting on the top deck of a red bus just taking in all the sights around me, Such history and such beauty. We are blessed
Image result for London eye




4) Ice Cream
I know this is a silly thing, but the Ice cream here is to die for. It is so yummy. It is creamy and fluffy and just the best!!
Image result for soft serve ice cream


5) The Royals
I do not understand the whole Royal family thing, but I love being in the midst of all things Royal. I got to be at the Hospital where Princess Kate had her baby girl and was there when they announced to the world it was a little girl. Oh my goodness such fun.
I also was able to take the girls ( for a very short while, as Alina was having a mini breakdown) to see the trooping of the colour which is a huge ceremony involving horses and soldiers and her guards. That was also just a great thing to be a part of, full of history and pomp.



6) Southwark Corps
Our Corps has often been our saving grace on those hard days. The amazing people at Southwark Corps love on us and our girls. We often leave very encouraged and blessed. We thank God for these supportive and loving people.


Image result for southwark salvation army

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)