Monday, January 26, 2015

NHS

So being here in the UK I have realized that being an Officer in the USA we are VERY spoiled.

We are spoiled in many ways but especially when it comes to our health and the services we have  available to us.

In the UK they have NHS which stands for National Health System and it is FREE and available to everyone and anyone. This is amazing and great and a very good thing.

In the USA though we have incredibly brilliant health insurance and we have pretty much the pick of the crop when it comes to Dr's and hospitals etc.

I miss that so much.

I am incredibly blessed to have free services here and I so grateful to live in a country where health care is available to everyone...BUT.... I miss the care that I was able to receive with our insurance in the USA.

I miss Dr's taking more than a few minutes to actually check me out, I miss walking into shiny, clean looking Dr's offices. I miss always being able to get an appointment that day or at the least the next day.  I miss my girls having a Dr that was just for them and where I could ask them any question and not feel like I wasting their time and where they always had an appointment for them. I miss all the little extra's that made going to the Dr in the USA a pleasant experience for the most part.

I miss all those things and sooooo much more

But here is the deal..I was spoilt. I was better off than so many other people in the USA and as much as I miss all those things ( and I do) I think I do like the fact that health care is free here and that it is available to everyone.

I think I am okay with the fact that the wall paper is peeling off and the signs look messed up and worn out IF it means more people can have access to a Dr because they are spending money on health and on services rather than cosmetic things.

So yes I miss being spoilt but maybe its time to stop being selfish and maybe its time to TRUST the Lord with my health and the health of my kids and time to rejoice that everyone can have access to health without having to get into debt.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)