Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm in HIS hands

"I'm in his hands, I'm in his hands.
Whatever the future holds, I'm in his hands"

These words have been a big part of my devotional time with the Lord these past few months. There have been many days where I have needed that assurance and that peace that comes from knowing that my life and my days are indeed in his hands.  I am beginning now to not only know those words as lyrics to a song  but I am also beginning to truly trust these words and know them to be true in my life.

If you have been following this blog at all you will know that things are over here have not always gone to plan (well at least according to my plans) but every day I am beginning to see that maybe things have been going EXACTLY according to plan (HIS plan).

A few weeks ago now we were given a new appointment here in the UK. Beginning march 29th we will be Corps Officers at Southwark Corps in London. We are excited for this new opportunity and excited to be part of a new community. Ready to serve and get stuck in.

We did not see this appointment coming at all, but ever so slowly it seems God had been working his plan out all along and we just did not know it. Also ever so slowly God has been giving us a heart for this place EVEN before we knew we were going there.

One of my first weeks at DHQ here I remember gazing out the window and being led to pray for this community and a housing estate ..little did I know then that my Corps appointment would be in that very community.

The last few months when walking around this community I have seen this place in a different light and seen so many different minsitry opportunities. Once again that was God just preparing my heart.

It's a good feeling to know that all along God had been leading us and setting us up for this place to become our ministry home.

I hope that if you ever doubt that God has you in his hands that you will eventually be able to see his handiwork ALL over your situations and the words of that song won't just be lyrics but a truth deep in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)