Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Expectations

Something that I am also learning on a daily basis is to let go of my expectations and to hold things loosely in my hands and heart.

When you move you can naturally have expectations of how things will be when you get there. These expectations can come from past experiences, things you have read or things that have even been discussed with you.

My advice is let go of them all and just come into the situation zero expectations.

Don't expect that things will work the same way as they did where you came from, don't expect the experience will be the same as last time you were there, don't expect for things to just go smoothly.

Have zero expectations and just enjoy what God places in front of you.

Our family has been incredibly blessed here and we are having a wonderful time. But things have not gone as we expected they would. Our first few weeks were a little different, our ministry was a little different, living in London is different when living there with kids instead of being single. Banks are different and The Salvation Army is different (good but different) child care is different. Everything is different.

We as our family have adjusted well and I think that is because we had very few expectations.

Even now as we truly are beginning to settle and figure out our role I have zero expectations and I am holding my dreams and prayers very loosely.

I want to be ready for whatever The Lord has for us and when we have expectations we can miss the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)