Wednesday, September 10, 2014

taking flight

Our flight over to London was one big blessing and answer to prayer.

First up the international airport in Atlanta is wonderful. It is big and spacious and not at all crowded.

Our amazing,friends Matt and Daynes and their girls dropped us off and that was just a true gift to our family. Brittaney, Priya's teacher came and also said goodbye and that meant so much to us. Check was so easy and they did not,charge us for our extra bags and were very kind to us.

Security check in also went smoothly. I was amazed at how smooth. Big relief for me as luggage check in and security give me anxiety.

The actual flight was great and went rather quickly even with Alina on my lap the whole time.

Alina and Priya did so well on the flight and Priya was so excited to finally be going to London.

When we arrived in London going through customs was quick and they were so friendly to us (total shock) and it was a very painless process.

I was pretty numb the whole flight really. I was amazed at this dream coming true but also overwhelmed. I had not really allowed myself to get emotional saying goodbye to people because i knew if I started I would not stop. So on the plane I was trying to process that and also just shocked we were actually on our way.
I was in awe God but also allowing myself to grieve for the amazing friends we were leaving behind. It had also been such a long wait and so on the plane I felt like I could breathe as we had finally made it.

I felt the favor of the Lord was truly on us for our departure and arrival and I know that is because people were praying for us. Thank you friends!!

Next up is our arrival day and well it was a doozy.....so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, You made my day :)